DAM!-cool buildings in Denver

I've been back in Denver for about a month now. I grew up here and left as soon as I figured out how. Denver is a great city and a beautiful place and it's also where my family lives. I visit once a year or so but typically only stay for a week or less.

This time, I'm in town for a month and have taken the time to check out the city again and actually get out and shoot it. It's been well over ten years since I just wandered around downtown with a camera.

The above shot is of the new (to me) Denver Art Museum (DAM) extension building. Incredible architecture and amazing form and fat free. Apparently its covered in titanium panels.

The shot is an HDR image made from five different exposures that I blended in Photoshop, tone mapped in Photomatix then converted to BandW in Nik Silver EfexPro. Quite a lot of post-processing for a subject that truly didn't need it.



Here's another straight shot in the late afternoon light.

As always, click any image for the larger version. TR

0 comments:

Post a Comment