Mirrored Aviators

This is a fun shot for a lot of reasons. It's a simple recipe, if you can get the ingredients together:
-a beautiful woman.
-a white sand beach in the Caribbean.
-mirrored Aviator sunglasses.
-a little Photoshop masking.
Done.

I shot Mallone on the beach in St. Marten. The mirrored shades are always fun to play with as is mixing color and black and white. It's an easy technique in Photoshop: I created a color version and a B&W version from my RAW file in Aperture. Then layered one on top of the other in Photoshop (the b&w on top in this case.) Then, using a mask, I just painted (erased) in the parts I wanted in color.

Gear: Nikon D2x / 17-55mm 2.8 lens / MacBook Pro / Photoshop CS3 / Exposure: not important

As always, click any image for the larger version. TR

1 comments:

doug said...

Great effect Travis! Cool concept and nice processing
Doug

Post a Comment